Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
We discuss Halloween history and traditions. Where did Halloween and jack-o-lanterns come from? Family costumes and Halloween memories from growing up. And, of course, our favorite scary movies.
We’re still a couple of weeks out from Halloween, but we’re getting into the spirit of things early by discussing where Halloween traditions come from and our memories of celebrating Halloween growing up. We also spend time talking about our favorite horror movies and the horror movie industry in general.
Some light reading:
- What is the story behind Halloween and why do children trick or treat? (The Guardian)
- Why do we carve pumpkins at Halloween
- Jack-O-Lantern History
- Top Grossing Horror Movies (Box Office Mojo)
- ‘It’ Becomes Highest-Grossing Horror Film of All Time (Variety)
- Why do we like watching scary films? (Psychology Today)
One Reply to “We Don’t Know Halloween”
That was so fun! Thanks for fun & education guys! ? I totally remember that senior year trick-or-treating trip. We all rode in the back of your truck. Ha! I also remember you getting nauseous watching Blair witch project in theaters because the crappy camerawork. ?