We talk the ins and outs of Black Friday – the good, the bad and the deceptive deals. We learn a bit about the ways retailers target us with sales, how we fall for them and if they’re actually worth it. We also learn about the top shopping day of the year that blows Black Friday out of the water.
- History – What’s the Real History of Black Friday?
- Oxford University Press – Black Friday: The Dark Side of Scarcity Promotions
- Black Friday Death Count
- How Stuff Works – Is Black Friday the Biggest Shopping Day of the Year?
- Forbes – What Are the Economics Behind Black Friday Sales?
- Best Black Friday – Stores Closed on Thanksgiving Day
- Best Black Friday – Black Friday & Cyber Monday Spending Trends for 2017
- Fortune – Cyber Monday Sales Hit a New All-Time Record in 2016
- Fortune – The Busiest Shopping Day of the Holiday Season Isn’t Black Friday
- Wikipedia – Super Saturday
- The Balance – What Is Black Friday? Sales & Trends
- Forbes – U.S. Retailers Should Embrace Singles’ Day Over Black Friday