We’ve spent all weekend trying to revive our screen printing skills, but as it turns out we don’t have any of those. We explore the science and a bit of history around the technique of serigraphy (and why we’re so terrible at it). Find out why we are covered in metallic gold ink, listener reactions to The Tree Whisperer and why Mike doesn’t know what a rhododendron is.
We don’t always succeed on our first try of new things (or reviving old hobbies), but we usually don’t give up and damn it… we are printing these Christmas cards! Here’s a bit more about serigraphy or silkscreen print-making.
- Widewalls – Screen Printing: The Complete Story
- Wikipedia – Screen Printing
- Encyclopedia of Visual Arts Education – Screen Printing
- Artelino – Silkscreen Printing
- Leicester Print Workshop – A Brief History of Screen Printing
- Emily Owen – How To Make A One Color Screen Press
- Michael’s – Speedball Diazo Ultimate Screen Printing Kit
- Amazon – Speedball Diazo Ultimate Screen Printing Kit